Sunday’s episode of “The Simpsons” will feature human actors for its opening sequence.
Ever wonder what Bart Simpson would look like in human form? The longrunning animated Fox series “The Simpsons” is about to show you. The series will unveil a live-action opening sequence Sunday, 8 p.m. EST, a Fox spokeswoman announced Thursday. In it, the dysfunctional cartoon family â€” Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa and Maggie â€” will be seen as they would appear in real life, played by lookalike actors. “I’m just amazed there are people who want to be known for looking like the Simpsons,” said Al Jean, the show’s executive producer, in a statement.
A team from British network Sky One created and commissioned the live sequence, which apes the long-running series’ memorable opening shots: Bart writing on the chalkboard, Homer pulling the nuclear rod out of his shirt and Maggie and Marge at the supermarket, a Fox spokeswoman said.
It’s amazing that, after fourteen [Actually, 17--even more amazing!] years, they keep coming up with new things to try.
If nothing else, this demonstrates why the show works better as a cartoon.
crosspost from OTB
- Simpsons Live-Action Opening Sequence
- Marge Simpson’s Playboy Spread
- Ke$ha Makes Me Hate the Simpsons
- Real Kwik-E-Marts in Time for the Simpson’s Movie?
- The Simpsons Ten Words Should Be In Dictionary
- Marge Simpson’s Blue Muff For Playboy – Photo
- Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and Get Digital Facelifts for X-Men 3
- Carol Burnett Sues ‘Family Guy’
- 7-11′s are Changing to Simpson’s ‘Kwik-E-Marts’
- Zac Efron is the New Jonny Quest
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed