After a year hyping his exodus to Sirius satellite radio, it looks like Howard Stern is now working a deal to go back to good old FCC-controlled air, according to the NY Post‘s John Mainelli.
Howard Stern may be coming back to earth – on WPLJ or WABC. Radio insiders are reporting rampant rumors that the shock jock will “do an Opie & Anthony” and return to old-fashioned radio from the obscurity of satellite radio.
Persistent industry chatter says “some sort of mega-deal’s brewing among Sirius [Satellite] chief Mel Karmazin, Stern and Mel’s longtime associate Farid Suleman,” says Inside Radio editor Tom Taylor. Suleman currently runs Citadel Broadcasting, which is buying Disney/ABC’s radio division, including WPLJ (95.5 FM) and WABC (770 AM). In his widely read tradesheet, Taylor said the rumors “just won’t die, despite what Stern and Sirius have said in the past.” This much is certain: Stern has complained loudly of late about published reports that he’s lost his influence and is no longer a “watercooler topic” since he bolted from CBS for Sirius in a $500 million deal last January.
My wife and I bought Sirius last Christmas at least partly for Stern. After about two episodes, we gave up. Stern had to be clever to get away with being “dirty” on regular radio. It’s just too easy to do a blue show and gimmicks gave way to raunch.
- Howard Stern Headed Back to Free Radio
- XM Satellite Radio & Sirius Satellite Radio Merge
- Will the Real Howard Stern – Please Stand Up
- Howard Stern to Remake Porky’s
- Pay Back Time!
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette Deny Split Rumors
- Martha Stewart Has a Dildo Named “Thumper”
- Pete Townshend Blows Off Howard Stern
- Artie Lange Quits Howard Stern – Hear Audio
- Beyonce Gets Exposed by Howard Stern
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed