Ugly Betty, played by America Ferrera, is kicking some TV ass! My youngest daughter latched on to this show and with her being 11… I’m not sure what sort of audience this show has, but it must be fairly decent. FYI, Ugly Betty isn’t really ugly at all; check out the picture.
Following in the footsteps of CBS’ “Jericho” and NBC’s “Heroes,” ABC’s “Ugly Betty” has become the latest freshman series to receive a full-season pick-up.
ABC made the “Ugly Betty” pick-up announcement late Friday afternoon, meaning that Friday the 13th wasn’t so unlucky for executive producer Salma Hayek and not-so-ugly star America Ferrera.
It’s a triumphant twist in the “Ugly Betty” story. For several years, a variety of producers and networks attempted to mount an American version of the popular Colombian telenovela “Yo Soy Betty La Fea.” Different writers attempted to pitch the find the right look, tone and even length for the series.
Before the beginning of the season, ABC shifted “Ugly Betty” from an under-exposed Friday evening time period, to the ultra-competitive 8 p.m. Thursday slot that has killed many a fledgling show. Instead, “Ugly Betty” has averaged more than 15 million viewers per episode, second only to “Survivor” in its time period. In addition, the show has given ABC a 96 percent bump in total viewers and a 92 percent boost among adults 18-49 over the network’s performance in the hour last season.
“In just two weeks ‘Ugly Betty’ has given us an impressive foothold leading into the ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ hour on Thursday night,” says ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson. “The show has proven to be competitive in a very strong time period, and we’re thrilled with ‘Ugly Betty’s’ performance.” source
- ABC Wants a Full Season of ‘Ugly Betty’
- ABC Cancels ‘Ugly Betty’
- Lindsay Lohan To Star On ‘Ugly Betty’
- America Ferrera W Mag Photos and Video
- WEEK AHEAD: Salma Stars on Ugly Betty
- David Blue of ‘Ugly Betty’ Robbed at Gunpoint
- 24 Movie Planned
- Emmys Get Lowest Ratings Ever
- Fall TV Preview: ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘The Office’
- The O.C. Canceled
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed