Tammy Nyp is currently the #4 most popular item at Technorati, with 3,349 blogs using that tag in the past 24 hours. Who is Tammy Nyp, you might ask? Is she any relation to Kim Kardashian, of whom I have also never heard?
Close. According to Wikipedia,
The Tammy sex video scandal was a scandal in Singapore involving a sex video first circulated in mid-February 2006 that turned into an Internet phenomenon. The incident began when a cheerleader and student from Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), known only as Tammy, apparently had her mobile phone stolen by an enemy, and a 10-minute video stored in her phone involving oral sex and intercourse with her boyfriend was uploaded on the Internet.
The video was initially spread obscurely via instant messaging, email and blogs, but eventually made it to the front pages of national newspapers. Shortly after, the video gained international notoriety as many people curiously began searching for it online under the keyword Tammy Nyp, causing the scandal to make it to the first five places in Technorati’s top search terms for almost two weeks.
Cases of people capitalising on the scandal have been widespread, from traffic whoring to commercialisation. Bloggers who wrote about the scandal, or even gave a mention of the abovementioned search phrases, found themselves experiencing a spike in their visitor traffic, often by thousands. The video was reportedly sold in DVD at Penang, Malaysia, and made it as far as New York City. A domain on the scandal’s top search term was also squatted, and other merchandise such as T-shirts was sold online.
Questions on morality have been raised and debated after the scandal broke. Critics blamed the girl for shooting the video in the first place, while others pointed the finger at the person who uploaded the video. Her boyfriend, on the other hand, has escaped the same level of the criticism thrust upon Tammy, prompting comments questioning some critics’ bias. The girl, when interviewed, claimed that she had no intention for fame or being a porn star, and has since undergone counselling.
All very interesting, you might say. So, why is she suddenly a hot topic again nearly a year later?
It’s not clear, to be honest. Most of the references to Tammy Nyp on the blogs are, like this one, a discussion of why “Tammy Nyp” was suddenly such a big term on Technorati. That, of course, pushes up the Technorati juice of “Tammy Nyp.” It’s all quite circular.
Dream Logic reported a resurgence of interest in our gal Tammy a couple weeks ago:
But there she is, good old NYP Tammy, apparently making her Technorati comeback. Sheâ€™s the fifth most popular search on Technorati right now (in between â€œBritneyâ€ and â€œSaddam Husseinâ€)
The strange thing is, Technorati blocked NYP Tammy from showing up in the search results back in March when she was totally dominating them. Iâ€™ve been getting a steady stream of people who are still looking to download her video, apparently, so for some reason people in Singapore just canâ€™t forget about her. Itâ€™s very strange.
But now for some reason sheâ€™s back in the Technorati top 15, even with all the Saddam hanging hoopla going on. So Technorati has unblocked her from showing up and thereâ€™s something new going on with her that makes people want to search for her again.
Very weird. Anyone know why people are going crazy looking for her again? Was there some year in review article in Singapore that mentioned it in passing or something like that? Singaporeans seem to be pretty easy to set off as far as sex videos are concerned, if the NYP Tammy excitement from the beginning of the year is anything to go by.
So, the sudden interest in a sex video involving Tammy Nyp is inexplicable.
BTW, those interested in seeing the Tammy Nyp Sex Video can go see it for yourselves at Sleepy John.
Trackposted to Is It Just Me?, Perri Nelson’s Website, The Random Yak, Adam’s Blog, Big Dog’s Weblog, basil’s blog, Common Folk Using Common Sense, Stuck On Stupid, Conservative Cat, Pursuing Holiness, Sujet- Celebrities, Wake Up America, Rightwing Guy, Diary of the Mad Pigeon, The HILL Chronicles, The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns, stikNstein… has no mercy, Blue Star Chronicles, Pirate’s Cove, Planck’s Constant, The Pink Flamingo, Renaissance Blogger, Dumb Ox News, Dumb Ox Daily News, High Desert Wanderer, Right Voices, and OTB Sports, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.
- Tammy Nyp Sex Tape
- Galilea Montijo Sex Video
- The ‘Blog’ Turns 10
- Melissa and Tammy Etheridge Divorcing
- Noelia Sex Tape
- Miss Singapore World Ris Low Stole Underwear
- Gone Hollywood Creates Some Buzz!
- Bachelor’s Rozlyn Papa Sex Tape Being Sold
- Tammy Faye Messner on Larry King Live – Video
- Calvin Harris Not Happy Over Youtube
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- Fide et Fortudine linked with Blue Star Chronicles
- The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns
- The HILL Chronicles
- Pirate’s Cove
- Right Voices linked with ALERT: Pelosi Won’t Block Iraq Funding to Stop Troop Surge
- Perri Nelson's Website
- Basil's Blog
- Conservative Cat
- Fide et Fortudine linked with Blue Star Chronicles
- The Tammy Nyp ‘Sex Tape’ linked with Right Celebrity
- Pursuing Holiness
- Soulpole.net linked with Around the Blogosphere…
- matthew trevino’s scarform
- Tammy Nyp :: 1918 News
- Just a Girl in short shorts talking about whatever: Tammy Nyp: Queen of the Search Engines
- :: Sujet :: Latest celebrity photos and news! Blog Archive linked with Lunch with Keira Knightley
- pinay sex scandal`s scandal
Comments are Closed