Miss Tennessee Rachel Smith has replaced the sleazy Tara Conner as Miss USA.
Rachel Smith realized she had a real shot at the Miss USA crown when she made it to the top 15. Next up was the swimsuit portion of the pageant, and the journalism graduate from Tennessee told herself: “I’m just going to work it.” Smith, 21, ultimately bested 50 other aspiring beauty queens to win the title of Miss USA on Friday night.
The 5-foot, 11-inch-tall brunette is a graduate of Belmont University and a former intern for the production company behind “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
“I’m speechless at this point, I really am,” Smith said after the pageant.
Contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia competed to succeed Miss USA Tara Conner, who entered rehab after accounts surfaced suggesting she was boozing at New York clubs. The Kentucky native was in danger of losing her crown, but Donald Trump, who co-owns the pageant with NBC, gave her a second chance.
The telecast didn’t shy away from the controversy, opening with a string of news and interview clips about Conner’s woes. Then, the 21-year-old blonde emerged onstage wearing a strapless, ruffled gown. “It has been the most unforgettable year of my life and I’m back, and better than ever,” Conner said to wild applause from the audience at the Kodak Theatre.
Smith, of Clarksville, Tenn., edged out top finalists Meagan Yvonne Tandy of California; Cara Renee Gorges of Kansas; Helen Salas of Nevada; and Danielle Lacourse of Rhode Island, who was named the first runner-up.
I like that she uses phrases like “Work it,” acknowledging that beauty pageants are just high class strip shows, except they don’t get quite as naked. Although, come to think of it, a lot of them do naked photo spreads, too.
These will have to do until the nude spreads of her engaging in drunken lesbian sex romps are uncovered. (Assuming they exist, of course.)
Rachel can definitely “work it.” I don’t think she’s as fine as Miss Delaware USA Nicole Bosso, Miss Kentucky USA Michelle Stephanie Banzer, Miss Arkansas USA Kelly George, Miss Indiana USA Jami Stallings, Miss Georgia USA Brittany Swann, Miss Florida USA Jenna Edwards, or Miss Colorado USA Keena Bonella, all pictured in my pageant preview post, though.
- Rachel Smith Miss USA 2007
- Tara Conner Dethroned, Tamiko Nash Becomes Miss USA
- Tara Elizabeth Connor Crowned Miss USA
- Miss USA Tara Conner May Be Stripped of Title
- Tara Conner Dons a Bikini – One Last Time
- Miss USA Replacing Tara Conner
- Crystle Stewart Miss USA 2008
- Christina Silva – Miss California USA, You Crowned the Wrong Bitch!
- Katie Rees, Miss Nevada USA 2007, Stripped of Title — Lesbo Photos
- Trump Gives Miss USA Tara Conner Second Chance
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- Myspace Magazine
- Rachel Smith is ‘Miss USA’ (PHOTOS and VIDEO) linked with Right Celebrity
- The Laminated List Fantasy Draft
Comments are Closed