Keith Richards is getting paid big bucks to write his memoir – $7.3 million to be exact. Little, Brown, and Company will publish it in 2010. That’s a lot of money for someone who falls out of coconut trees and snorts their father’s ashes.
“It will be his life’s story,” Little, Brown publisher Michael Pietsch said Tuesday. “For nearly 50 years, he has been at the very center of the vortex of stardom and of entertainment as a cultural force. He’s a thread running through the whole thing.”
Richards’ life and work have fascinated millions, but his is hardly an untold story. Richards, 63, has been interviewed countless times, speaking candidly about his music, heroin addiction, love life and battles with Jagger. He is quoted extensively in “According to the Rolling Stones,” an authorized oral history published in 2003.
“All those interviews have been scattered over decades,” Pietsch says. “To have the story of his own life in one book, there’s no experience like that. And there will be stories he has never uttered before.”
The book will probably be interesting, but who knows if any of it will be true. They’d be better off interviewing some groupies. Their memory has got to be a little better.
- Keith Richards to Write Memoir for $7.3 Million
- Rolling Stones Gun Fight?
- Mick Jaggerâ€™s Assassination Plot
- Keith Richards ‘Jokes’ About Snorting Father’s Ashes
- Keith Richards, the New Face for Louis Vuitton
- Keith Richards Lashes Out, Then Eats Cigarette
- Angelina Jolie & Mick Jagger Had Sex
- Mackenzie Phillips’ 10 Year Affair with Father
- Quote Of The Day…
- Keith Richards Urged To Keep ‘Pirate Look’ During Rehearsals
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed