What a spoiled brat! “High School Musical” star Vanessa Hudgens is seeking dismissal of a lawsuit filed in September, alleging she owes her attorney $150,000.
Hudgens says she was only 16 when she signed the deal, so it doesn’t hold up! Oh really now?
In his suit, attorney Brian Schall claims he helped Hudgens earn more than $5 million by advancing her funds for her songwriting and recording career.
Court papers filed Monday by Hudgens’ lawyer, Evan N. Spiegel, say California’s Family Code “provides that the contract of a minor is voidable and may be disaffirmed before (age 18) or within a reasonable time afterward” — essentially, Vanessa was too young to sign the deal. The contract in question was initially signed in October of 2005, and Hudgens officially disaffirmed the contract on October 9, according to court documents. A copy of a two-paragraph letter from Hudgens to Schall nullifying their agreement is attached to her court papers, as is a copy of her birth certificate, which states that she was born December 14, 1988.
The court papers also say the agreement was with the law offices of Schall, not with Schall himself.
You can see the court documents HERE.
This bothers me. If she’s old enough to make millions, then she’s old enough to pay her freakin’ bills!
source: Vanessa to Lawyer: You Can’t Sue Me, I Was Just a Kid! [tmz]
- Vanessa Hudgens: You Can’t Sue Me, I Was Only 16!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sued by Her Attorney!
- Vanessa Hudgens Spotted with Her Clothes On
- Vanessa Hudgens Gets $500,000 Offer From Joe Francis
- Mel Gibson and wife Robyn Divorcing
- Vanessa Hudgens Forgets Easily
- Britney Spears Gets Dumped Again, By Her Lawyers!
- Nas Ordered To Pay Kelis $51,000 A Month
- Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey File for Divorce
- Minnelli’s Husband Says Please Ignore Prenup
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed