Ike Turner, the legendary musician and former husband of Tina Turner,
has died at 76.
Born and raised in Clarksdale, Miss., Turner was inspired by the old blues artists and embarked on a musical career of his own beginning in the late 1940s. He later met Anna Mae Bullock, aka Tina Turner, and they developed a hugely successful act together. She would also become his wife.
The couple’s often tempestuous relationship was detailed in Tina Turner’s biography, which was the basis for the movie What’s Love Got to Do with It? The pair split in the 1970s.
Alongside his former wife, Turner was inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1991.
source: Ike Turner Has Died [tmz]
- Ike Turner Has Died, at Age 76
- Phil Spector Found Guilty of Murder
- Nicolas Cage Wins Kathleen Turner Lawsuit
- Van Halen, Diamond Dave Reunite for Tour
- Tom Hanks into Army’s Ranger Hall of Fame
- James Brown, Godfather of Soul, Dies at 73
- David Lee Roth Back with Van Halen
- Hugh Hefner Damn Near Killed by Sex Toys
- Jessica Simpson’s Hangover Look & Links To Hollywood
- Blake Lewis Without A Shirt & Links To Hollywood
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed