A DeKalb County judge sentenced rapper Da Brat to three years in prison Friday for striking a woman with a rum bottle at an Atlanta-area nightclub.
Superior Court Judge Gail Flake also sentenced the rapper, whose real name is Shawntae Harris, to seven years probation and 200 hours of community service.
The incident happened at a Halloween party at Studio 72 nightclub on Oct. 31 2007. The club is on Highway 29 near Tucker.
About six members of Harrisâ€™s family wept when a sheriffâ€™s deputy took her into custody.
â€œI love yâ€™all,â€ Harris, 34, said as she was led out of the courtroom.
â€œWe love you tooâ€ the relatives replied in unison.
Harris entered a guilty plea to aggravated assault.
The victim, a waitress at the club, had to be hospitalized after being struck by Harris, and Flake said the woman suffered permanent facial scarring.
Harris and the victim had gotten into an altercation prior to the assault, police said at the time.
source: Rapper Da Brat gets 3 years for nightclub attack [ajc]
- Rapper Da Brat Gets 3 Years in Prison
- Da Brat Arrested For Hitting A Waitress
- Chris Brown & Rihanna Face Off In LA Court
- Remy Ma Going to Jail
- Boy George jailed for 15 months
- Kelsey Peterson Pleads Guilty in Student Sex Case
- Man Convicted of Groping Minnie Mouse
- Kumari Fulbright, Beauty Queen, Kidnapper
- Lou Pearlman Gets 25 Year Sentence
- Lilly Allen, Arrested!
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed