Oprah Winfrey just had another Aha! Moment — when she decided to wage a legal war against an insurance company using her signature catchphrase.
Just a few days ago, Oprah’s lawyers fired off a cease and desist letter to Mutual of Omaha demanding they shut down their plans to run a gigantic advertising campaign with the slogan, “Official sponsor of the aha moment.”
In the letter, sent April 21, Oprah’s peeps claim they have the rights to the “Aha Moment” slogan and they threatened to sue because O doesn’t want Mutual to mislead her fans into thinking she’s associated with them.
But Mutual of Omaha is fighting back with a lawsuit, claiming that even if Oprah had trademark rights to the phrase, she “abandoned” those rights by failing to “police their alleged mark” when other businesses used it in the past.
In the suit, filed Wednesday in federal court in Nebraska, Mutual asks the judge to rule that they have the right to use the phrase in their campaign.
- Oprah Winfrey Gets Petty Over Catch Phrase
- Oprah Winfrey Tries To Take Hotel From Wedding Party
- Oprah Winfrey to Get Own Network
- Alicia Silverstone Naked for PETA
- Oprah Winfrey Allegedly Smoked Crack In The 80′s
- Oprah Winfrey’s Mom â€” a Petty Thief
- Producers Of The Hurt Locker Sue 5,000 Torrent Users
- The Simpson Angers Gay Group
- Oprah Winfrey Accused of Discrimination
- â€˜Oprahâ€™ Going To Washington For Obama’s Inauguration
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- Allie Is Wired! linked with Allie’s Wired HOT Links - #177
- the daily john linked with Allie’s Wired HOT Links - #177
- The Beaver Pond linked with Saturday Morning Celebrity Links
Comments are Closed