All this festive atmosphere that goes around at the time for Christmas always makes me pull out my favorite childhood movies. Which is why I was happy to see Rotten Tomatoes had come up with a list of the top 50 Disney movies of all time based on the number of reviews and release year of the movies. They also excluded movies that came from Disney affiliate companies such as Pixar.
10. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Critics Consensus: This Disney dreamscape contains moments of grandeur, with its lush colors, magical air, one of the most menacing villains in the Disney canon.
09. Cinderella (1950)
Critics Consensus: The rich colors, sweet songs, adorable mice and endearing (if suffering) heroine make Cinderella a nostalgically lovely charmer.
08. Aladdin (1992)
Critics Consensus: A highly entertaining entry in Disney’s “second golden age,” Aladdin is beautifully drawn, with near-classic songs and a cast of scene-stealing characters.
07. The Lion King (1994)
Critics Consensus: Emotionally stirring, richly drawn, and beautifully animated, The Lion King stands tall within Disney’s pantheon of classic family films.
06. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Critics Consensus: Enchanting, sweepingly romantic, and featuring plenty of wonderful musical numbers, Beauty and the Beast is one of Disney’s most elegant animated offerings.
05. Dumbo (1941)
Critics Consensus: Dumbo packs plenty of story into its brief runtime, along with all the warm animation and wonderful music you’d expect from a Disney classic.
04. 101 Dalmatians (1961)
Critics Consensus: With plenty of pooches and a memorable villain (Cruella De Vil), this is one of Disney’s most enduring, entertaining animated films.
03. Fantasia (1940)
Critics Consensus: A landmark in animation (and a huge influence on the medium of music video), Disney’s Fantasia is a relentlessly inventive blend of the classics with phantasmagorical images.
02. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Critics Consensus: With its involving story and characters, vibrant art, and memorable songs, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs set the animation standard for decades to come.
01. Pinocchio (1940)
Critics Consensus: Ambitious, adventurous, and sometimes frightening, Pinocchio arguably represents the pinnacle of Disney’s collected works — itâ€™s beautifully crafted and emotionally resonant.
The Lion King should be up there at number 1, what’s your favorite Disney movie of all time? To see the full list of movies head to the source.
source: Best Disney Animated Movies [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Top 10 Disney Movies
- Top Grossing Animated Movies Of All Time
- Disney Continues to Corrupt Youth
- Cheech and Chong Reunion Up in Smoke
- Coming This Christmas – Shrek the Halls?
- Tarantino Plans Two More Kill Bill Films
- Megan Fox Doesn’t Like Disney
- Dark Knight Number 2 Movie
- Man Admits to Having Sex with 1,000 Cars
- Eva Mendes Has A Calendar
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed