Former President Bill Clinton was rushed Thursday to a hospital in New York City, where he underwent a procedure to have two stents placed in a coronary artery, his office said.
Clinton, 63, was transported to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, the same hospital where he underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2004.
“Today President Bill Clinton was admitted to the Columbia Campus of New York Presbyterian Hospital after feeling discomfort in his chest,” Douglas Band, counselor to the former president, said in a statement to the media.
“Following a visit to his cardiologist, he underwent a procedure to place two stents in one of his coronary arteries. President Clinton is in good spirits, and will continue to focus on the work of his Foundation and Haiti’s relief and long-term recovery efforts,” the statement said.
Sources told The New York Times that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton did not learn of her husband’s condition until she’d concluded a meeting in the Oval Office with President Obama. Mrs. Clinton is said to be heading to New York late Thursday.
Bill Clinton has recently been helping coordinate the U.S. relief effort following the Jan. 12 earthquake in Haiti, alongside former President George W. Bush.
We wish you a speedy recovery!
source: Bill Clinton Undergoes a New Heart Procedure [ny times]
- Bill Clinton Rushed to N.Y. Hospital
- Hillary Clinton Fundraiser Snags Bon Jovi
- Gerald Ford, the 38th President, Dies at 93
- Rush Limbaugh Rushed To Hawaiian Hospital
- Bill Clinton’s Ugly Green Shirt and Tie
- Gary Coleman Hospitalized
- Bill Clinton Secret White House Tapes
- Wild, Wacky & True: Busted Braking Bus Driver
- Hillary Clinton Too Sexy for the White House?
- Freed Journalists Return Home – Pictures
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- F-Listed linked with Archive HEARTY BREAKFAST «
Comments are Closed