The Brittany Murphy Foundation has re-opened its website after a story broke about the foundation being unlicensed this weekend — and promises to give back all the donations people made while it figures out that whole “we weren’t really a charity” thing.
Reportedly, the foundation — run by Brittany Murphy’s husband, Simon Monjack and mother, Sharon Murphy — hadn’t filed the necessary documents to qualify as a charity or nonprofit group. As soon as we called the foundation for comment, the website immediately shut down.
But late Sunday the website resurfaced with a message — it would return all the donations “until we have our non-profit status approved before proceeding to insure that we can truly honor Brittany’s charitable desires.”
The website is no longer taking donations and now holds itself out as a private foundation which awaits 501(c)3 non-profit status.
source: Brittany Murphy Foundation — No Charity Here [tmz]
- Brittany Murphy Foundation Returns Donations
- Simon Monjack Has Already Moved On
- Chris Cornell Sue Happy Over Brittany Murphy Footage
- Brittany Murphy Leaves Everything To Mother
- Brittany Murphy: One Hot Cookie!
- Brittany Murphy’s Husband Dead at 39
- Brittany Murphy Likes PDA
- Anna Nicole Smith Remembered
- Brittany Murphy’s DVD Cover Art Controversy
- Brittany Murphy’s Husband Suing Warner Bros Over Death
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- Allie Is Wired linked with Hybrid Snowmobile & The Hot Links!
- The Beaver Pond linked with Wednesday Celebrity Links
Comments are Closed