Chris Evans will play Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America.
Sources said the actor has not only accepted Marvel’s offer, first detailed on Friday, but that the deal making moved so fast it’s now all about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
Marvel would not comment on the development, and CAA, which reps the actor, declined comment.
Evans was offered the role in Marvel Studios’ production last week, but there was some question of whether he would accept. Factoring in to the choice was the fact that Evans played Johnny Storm, the flame-covered superhero known as the Human Torch in Fox’s “Fantastic Four” movies. Was he ready to play another superhero and take on the trappings that come with such a high-profile part?
Evans took a few days to think it over, and once he decided he was willing to wield the shield, negotiations moved quickly over the weekend.
source: Chris Evans accepts ‘Captain America’ mantle [the hollywood reporter]
- Chris Evans Cast As ‘Captain America’
- Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four Movie Sequel
- Couple Alert: Gisele Bundchen & Chris Evans (Fantastic Four)
- Captain America Killed by Sniper
- Jessica Biel Cheating on Justin Timberlake?
- Johnny Depp Scares Off a Mugger
- Halle Berry Tired of Superhero Roles
- Russell Brand As A Pirate?
- Tom Cruise in Iron Man Movie?
- Pamela Anderson is a Superhero
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed