Director Ken Loach is at the Cannes Film Festival to show his Iraqi war film titled Route Irish, which of course gave him the perfect opportunity to spew his ridiculous opinions all over the red carpet.
Loach called for the “war criminals” George W. Bush and Tony Blair to be tried for launching the invasion that ousted Saddam Hussein. He stated:
“We have to keep pursuing Blair, Bush and the others until we have them in the dock. It’s certainly true that the people who started the war, who are war criminals, have not been called to account.”
Loach’s movie, Route Irish, is in the running for the festival’s Palme d’Or top prize. It’s about a former SAS officer who joins a private security contracter, goes to Iraq, sees soldiers murdering civilians and blah blah blah. You know the rest. It’s a shit movie that will probably win awards for making soldiers look like undisciplined killing machines.
What a douchebag.
Source: Cannes hears call for ‘war criminals’ Bush, Blair to face trial [AFP]
- Cannes: Director Calls for Trial of ‘War Criminals’ Bush and Blair
- Josh Brolin as George W. Bush
- Prince Harry Prepares for Possible Iraq Duty
- The Weekend Box Office Results – 1/18/09
- Dina Lohan Is â€œNot Her Daughterâ€™s Keeperâ€
- What Has Selma Blair Done to Her Hair?
- Die Hard 4 Filming to Start
- Lindsay Lohan Cannes Crotch Shot
- George Bush Attacked by a Shoe – See Video
- Prince Harry Heads to IRAQ
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed