Gloria Stuart, who is mostly known from starring as an older version of Rose in the movie, “Titanic”, has passed away. She passed away last night in her home. She was 100.
She had been diagnosed with lung cancer several years ago, said her daughter Sylvia Thompson, who confirmed the death.
In the role of a 101-year-old Titanic survivor, Ms. Stuart narrated the James Cameron-directed film and served as the lynchpin of its past and present-day storylines. Her effective portrayal of a feisty, headstrong character made her the oldest actress to ever be nominated for an Academy Award.
According to her Wikipedia page:
Stuart later said that she related with her comeback character of Titanic’s 100 year old Rose saying that she herself was an old woman whose heart was filled with love and she later said of this; “I think that’s the important thing,if you’re full of love, admiration, appreciation of the beautiful things there are in this life, you have it made, really. And I have it made.”
Rest in peace, Gloria…and thanks for all of the fond memories.
source: Gloria Stuart, actress in ‘Titanic,’ dies at 100 – [washington post]
- ‘Titanic’ Actress Gloria Stuart, Has Passed Away
- Salma Hayek to Announce Oscar Nominees
- Actress Maureen Stapleton Dies at 80
- Charlize Theron Woman of Year
- Kate Winslet Says No More Nudity
- Oscars Bosses Defend Farrah Fawcett Montage Snub
- Julia Roberts Has Third Baby
- George Carlin Dies, Age 71
- Heath Ledger Dies Aged 28
- Ronnie James Dio Passes Away at 67
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed