Seriously, CNN? Seriously?
Imagine being a CNN producer. You’ve got an upcoming medical segment on an unusual treatment for a man’s digestive disease. An illness, that CNN anchor Ali Velshi will tell you in the story’s intro, involves “ten to fifteen bloody bowel movements a day.”
Already, we’re clearly in comedic territory, right? After all, what’s funnier than ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel disease? Just you wait!
Well, in this case, since it involves the schoolyard comedy gold mine that is digestion, somebody at CNN figured it’d be a downright hoot to start the segment with a clip from the film Dumb and Dumber, showing Jeff Daniels graphically suffering from a sudden bout of diarrhea. And naturally, we’ll make sure you can hear the hilarious sounds of bowl-filling.
CNN’s web version of the story makes clear:
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, nothing helped except high doses of steroids, which because of severe side effects, he could take only for limited periods of time. Soon, the patient became so sick he had to quit his job.
His gastroenterologist wanted to admit him to the hospital for an intravenous round of cyclosporine, a potentially helpful yet dangerous medicine that depresses the body’s immune system and can increase the risk for getting cancer later in life.
CNN needs to do more of this!
- CNN Thinks Diarrhea Is Funny, Classy!
- Kim Kardashian Gets Botox
- Caitlin Upton Interviews Octomom On Where Babies Come From
- Patrick Swayze is Dying
- Hey It’s Jessica Simps-uh, I mean, Alba!
- CNN Plays Song With ‘N****’ During Black Elderly Woman Segment
- Sheyla Hershey Has World’s Largest Breast Implants Removed
- O.J. Simpson Auctions White Bronco as TV Prank
- Kids’ Rugby Game Interrupted by 4 Minutes of Porn
- Katie Holmes & Her Mysterious Purple Hands
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed