Bakery goods maker Duncan Hines has decided to open up its marketing doors to just about anyone these days.
In their new website and YouTube promotion they’re giving various artists and directors the chance to create Duncan Hines commercials which will be promoted and sent out online. If their first ad is any indicator, I won’t be buying Duncan Hines products for a long time.
The first ad, by director Josh Binder, is called “Hip-Hop Cupcakes” and features a bunch of plain cupcakes that suddenly start to sing and beat-box once the chocolate glaze is poured on top of them….That’s right. Chocolate glaze makes the cupcakes rap-stars.
The problems with this ad are almost too numerous to point out. However, there must have been enough people pointing something out — because Duncan Hines has since removed the video.
UPDATE: Eater managed to snag a copy of the video before it was taken down. Judge for yourself.
- Duncan Hines Introduces Racist ‘Hip Hop Cupcakes’
- Where Are They Now: Josh Saviano
- Flaming Lips’ New NSFW Video
- Lady Gaga’s Alejandro Video Premieres – Watch Here
- I’m Not Viva-ing The New Viagra Commercial
- Adriana Lima Doesn’t Like Chocolate Anymore, Looks Good Pregnant
- Jessica Biel Eats Chocolate-Covered Cricket on ‘Jay Leno’
- Lindsay Lohan Pool Dancing Video
- Eva Mendes Sex Tape – Watch Here!
- Lady Gaga and Beyonce Reveal New Video
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed