Glen Campbell may have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s but that won’t keep the 75-year-old country crooner from his music.
He may just need a little extra help when it comes to remembering his famed lyrics.
“Glen is still an awesome guitar player and singer,” his wife, Kim, told People. “But if he flubs a lyric or gets confused on stage, I wouldn’t want people to think, ‘What’s the matter with him? Is he drunk?’”
A conclusion that the couple wanted to avoid by going public with Campbell’s disease. But in lieu of his diagnosis, the singer does not seem to be slowing down. The chart-topping Grammy-winner is hoping to organize a farewell tour with a full schedule of live performances kicking off this fall.
“I still love making music,” Campbell said. “And I still love performing for my fans. I’d like to thank them for sticking with me through thick and thin.”
We have no doubt that Campbell’s concert goers will be more than happy to help the country legend out if he stumbles on stage.
- Glen Campbell Diagnosed With Alzheimer’s Disease
- Celebrities Who Fell On Stage (Video)
- Rapper DMX Arrested by the Time He Got to Phoenix
- Chely Wright Comes Out
- Jessica Simpson Labeled Crap by Country Fans
- Porter Wagoner, Country Legend, Dead at 80
- Jessica Simpson Is Taking A Year Off
- Britney Spears to Open 2007 Video Musical Awards
- Naomi Campbell to Mop Floors for a Week
- Brooke Hogan Naked in the Shower
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed