Ever since the awful news that Amy Winehouse passed away on Saturday afternoon at her home in London there has been tons of different stories about what may possibly have happened so it’s hard for me to whittle them all down. I’ll start with the latest from TMZ that confirms Amy died alone in bed.
Chris Goodman, one of Amy’s close friends and her rep, spoke to TMZ and said that Amy was found dead in bed by a security guard who had been looking after her. Goodman says “she was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn’t breathing. He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked. At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed.”
Meanwhile there is rumors that Amy went and bought drugs from a well-known dealer in Camden the night before she died and then went on a binge doing cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine. A source says “it was an ecstasy overdose. She could do cocaine until the cows come home. But this was obviously a dodgy pill.”
Now it must be noted that the drug story hasn’t been proven and her autopsy results aren’t in yet so the exact cause of Amy’s death is still unknown but according to the Daily Mail report that during a preliminary police investigation there was no drugs found in her home, instead the Daily Mail claim that Amy went on a drinking binge.
They report that Amy, who has long suffered with her addictions to alcohol and drugs, was upset after she and her on-off boyfriend, Reg Traviss, broke up so she decided to have a drinking binge with vodka.
Amy’s mother has spoken about her daughter’s death and she said that she seen her the day before she died when Amy told her she loved her. She says “they are the words I will always treasure, I’m glad I saw her when I did.” She also apparently thought what we all thought and said “it was only a matter of time.”
As celebrity reactions in on Twitter, the most touching is probably Russell Brand‘s blog. Part of what he wrote is “Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy’s incredible talent. Or Kurt’s or Jimi’s or Janis’s, some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill.” You can read his full blog here.
This is all very sad, I’m sure details will be flooding in all week.
- Amy Winehouse Died Alone In Bed
- Amy Winehouse Dead at 27
- Simon Monjack Died From Same Causes As Brittany Murphy
- Gary Dourdan of CSI Arrested
- Brittany Murphy’s Husband Dead at 39
- Dr Dre’s Son Found Dead
- Amy Winehouse’s Boobs Have Exploded
- Amy Winehouse Has Goodbye Sex In Hospital
- Corey Haim Has Been Found Dead
- DJ AM’s Family Suing Everyone
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
- Yeeeah! linked with Quickies: Poison Apples
Comments are Closed