TBS have decided they’ve had enough of George Lopez because they have cancelled his late night talk show, ‘Lopez Tonight’, and it’s all over poor ratings.
It looks like history is repeating itself because Conan O’Brien might be to blame for Lopez’s show failing. You might remember when Jay Leno took the 10 pm slot on NBC he killed Conan’s ratings and now that Conan took the slot before Lopez the ratings have declined.
The first season of ‘Lopez Tonight’ averaged at around 911,000 viewers during the 11pm slot but he then he was bumped to the midnight slot, while Conan took the 11pm slot, for his second season and ratings fell to 543,000. Now he won’t be given a chance to redeem himself for a third season.
In a statement the network says “TBS has reached the difficult decision not to order a third season of Lopez Tonight. Thursday will be the final episode of the show. We are proud to have partnered with George Lopez, who is an immensely talented comedian and entertainer. TBS has valued its partnership with George and appreciates all of his work on behalf of the network, both on and off the air.”
Lopez spoke to People yesterday and instead of talking about the canceling he decided to speak about close friend Sandra Bullock and how she has had an impact on his career.
“If it wasn’t for her involvement in me, or her belief in me, I would have had a very different last 10 years. She invested in me, and she wouldn’t take no for an answer. And with that, and just who she is, she has my undying love, and my undying loyalty, every day I thank her for believing in me. I can only say that I did not have a mother, and I would have very much liked that one to be mine! She’s already my fairy godmother, but any child that gets to be in Sandra Bullock’s arms is going to be a great person.” He said about the actress.
As for his outlook on life he said “I live every day like an 11th grader, not a senior, because then you have to worry about college, but when you’re in 11th grade, you know you’re coming back to the same school with the same friends. So, I try to enjoy myself and live life every day.”
Well if he lives like that then he probably won’t mind the fact that his show has been cancelled. What do you think of this news? Were you a fan of his talk show?
- TBS Cancels ‘Lopez Tonight’
- George Lopez Accused of Cheating on Wife
- Jay Leno & Conan O’Brien Each Take Shots at NBC
- Conan O’Brien To Be Fired, Seinfeld To Be Hired?
- Sandra Bullock Has Street Cred
- Jay Leno Moves Back To Original 11:30PM Time Slot
- Conan O’Brien Lands on TBS
- Jennifer Lopez’s Times Square Bodysuit Performance – Photos
- Jay Leno: ‘Surprise…I’m Staying with NBC’
- Jennifer Lopez Receiving Death Threats
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed