Actor Michael Showers, perhaps best known for his work as Captain John Guidry on the HBO series “Treme,” was found dead in the Mississippi River early Wednesday morning.
He was 45 years old.
A steamboat captain spotted him at around 11:15 a.m. in waters near New Orleans’ French Quarter and Harbor Police recovered the body about 30 minutes later, authorities told the Times-Picayune.
An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death, but the chief investigator for the Orleans Parish coroner’s office estimated that Showers’ body had been in the water for two days.
The Times-Picayune identified Showers as being from Chalmette, a village in southeast Louisiana situated on the east bank of the Mississippi River.
In addition to Treme, Showers made appearances in Breaking Bad and The Vampire Diaries, and his movie credits include Traffic, I Love You Phillip Morris and The Tree of Life.
- Treme Actor Found Dead in Mississippi River
- Wonder Woman Finds Dead Body
- Britney Spears’ Son Jayden James Has a Seizure
- Real Corpse Found on CSI: New York Set
- Earthquake Rocks Hollywood
- Morgan Freeman Getting Divorce
- Paris Hilton Breaks The Law By Wearing Bikini
- Jennifer Hudson’s Nephew Found Dead
- Tons of Michael Phelps’ Corn Flakes Sent to Food Bank
- Backstage Requests At The VMAs
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed