Usually when we see Lady GaGa she is dressed up in some ridiculous outfit with a ton of makeup on her face so when I heard she was going to be featured in the October issue of Harper’s Bazaar I expected some typical Halloween photoshoot. But instead here she is stripped down with no makeup on her face at all.
“Whether I’m wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I’m always the same person inside” says the 25-year-old singer who also opens up to the magazine in an interview about how she stays in shape and the public’s expectations of her.
Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin both photographed GaGa in her natural look for this photoshoot which is also featured for her ‘You and I’ video.
While most of us would consider this a natural look GaGa has a different view on it because she says “I don’t really view it as ‘natural’ I think that artifice is the new reality. It’s more about just being honest and sincere to the core of what you do.”
When asked if she ever looks in the mirror and thinks to herself “here we go again” she says “sometimes I do. It all really depends on my mood for the day. But I think the perception that I ‘put it on’ every day is probably not true.”
”Don’t you think that what’s on the cover of a magazine is quite artificial? There’s this idea that it’s all natural, but everything’s been staged to look natural. It is also an invention. It’s just that my inventions are different. I often get asked about my artifice, but isn’t fashion based on the idea that we can create a fantasy?” She says.
Speaking about what the people think of her and if she thinks her fans would be upset if she threw away her crazy stage outfits and opted for a simple jeans and t-shirt she says “I try to not focus on what people expect from me, I think what has been lovely about my relationship with the public is that they expect something unexpected from me.”
GaGa who puts dancing down as a main reason her body is in such good shape says another way she also has that body is because “I do yoga, I do Bikram and I run, and I eat really healthy. You know, my work sort of feeds me. I keep in shape by working hard.”
She isn’t joking about working hard either because she says tells the magazine she works “about 16 to 20 hours a day. And when I’m alone, I write, I imagine, I create things, and I decide how I want to do my future performances. I don’t take much time off.”
It’s nice to see a different side to Lady GaGa when she is out of her extravagant costumes, which side of the singer do you prefer?
[Click thumbnails for larger view]
- Lady GaGa Goes Makeup Free For Harper’s Bazaar (Photos)
- Lady GaGa In Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Is This Lady GaGa Sex Photo Real?
- Lady GaGa Covers Vogue Wearing Raw Meat
- Is This Lady GaGa Dressed As A Man?
- Lada Gaga Topless Bondage Photos
- Lady GaGa To Release A Line Of Condoms?
- Lady GaGa’s Ass Covers Rolling Stone
- Lady Gaga Is A Hermaphrodite? – Photo & Video
- Lady Gaga is Now a Sex Doll
- The Biggest Movie Rip Offs
- Steven Slater In-Flight Meltdown
- Karissa & Kristina Shannon Kiss Each Other – Photo
- Whores On Parade & Links To Hollywood
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom To Unveil Unisex Fragrance
- Kelly Brook Playboy Shoot
- Justin Bieber Stops Flying Water Bottle With His Head
- Mia Farrow Disputes ‘Blood Diamond’ Claim
- Rod Stewart and Wife Expecting Another Baby
- Jodie Fisher Implicated In HP CEO Scandal (Photos)
Comments are Closed