One the most entertaining nights of the year in Washington D.C., the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, took place Saturday. ‘SNL’ star Seth Meyers hosted, but our nation’s chief executive stole the show.
This year, President Obama took the mic for some comedy aimed squarely at one of the dinner guests in the room: Donald Trump.
The president didn’t waste time suggesting that Trump go waste some time, investigating famous conspiracies — neatly equating those who doubt his birthplace to those who research Roswell aliens and gripping national mysteries like ‘Where are Biggie and Tupac?’
The crowd howled when the president then explained, with a straight face, the ludicrously overwrought decisions Trump made during a steak-themed ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ episode, and how such issues kept Obama up at night. His message was clear: The notion that hosting ‘Apprentice’ is comparable to running the country is pretty hilarious.
Happy Friday! Today, we’ve got some pretty funny quotes for you from celebrities. We’ve got Tori Spelling’s son comparing her to Lady Gaga, Courtney Cox-Arquette lusting over Robert Pattinson and Tracy Morgan making light of the whole Mel Gibson controversy. Enjoy!
“Mama, you’re Lady Gaga cause you have yellow hair and you are fancy!”
– Three-year-old Liam McDermott, whose mom Tori Spelling is sharing his funny quotes on the toddler’s own Twitter account
“We’re like bartenders. We’re like waiters.”
– Angelina Jolie, on her tag-team effort with Brad Pitt to feed their six children breakfast in the mornings, to Nightline
“How old is he? I saw one picture of him and he looked dangerous; I like it…That’s a really pretty face. I might feel insecure around him.”
– Courteney Cox Arquette, getting hot and bothered about Robert Pattinson, to InStyle
“Hey Joan Rivers, you have collagen older than Lindsay, pick on someone your own age, oh wait I guess people that old can’t hear.”
– Samantha Ronson, defending her ex Lindsay Lohan in the Twitter feud between the comedian and the troubled star
“Nothing’s worse than crying under comically large 3D glasses.”
– Seth Meyers, admitting to shedding a few tears while watching Toy Story 3, to People
“Mike was like, ‘He’s in pink! What are you doing?’ But he looked so handsome.”
– Carrie Underwood, on dressing up her pooch Ace in a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo for her all-pink wedding to hockey star Mike Fisher, to People
“They win matches.”
– Venus Williams, on her provocative tennis court attire, to The Early Show
“[When] other actresses who aren’t thought of, maybe, as being quite as attractive do full-frontal, they’re called brave…Just because I’m attractive doesn’t mean it’s not still scary.”
– Eva Mendes, to Allure
“I really like to lie down and be rubbed.”
– Leighton Meester, on needing a spa treatment, to People
“The Mel Gibson tapes…calling women bitches and using the N- word, they ain’t nothing but hiphop. He stole that concept from Lil Wayne.”
– Tracy Morgan, weighing in on the actor’s recorded rants, on The Tonight Show
What was your favorite quote this week? Mine was Tori Spelling’s son tweeting that she looks like Gaga. Ummm, NO, she doesn’t. She may be anorexic looking and blond, but that’s where the similarities stop. I just hate it when parents think their kids are so funny that they have to share every detail with the world.